7/17/12

Easter 2012

It's a little outdated, but so what. The subject is still cute.

Easter 2012

Easter Egg Hunt at the church field.

It was so warm that day, all the chocolate in the eggs were melted before she gathered her stash. She liked the peanut butter cups anyway.

I think this is the first time I let her eat pizza. She ate two slices pretty much all by herself. I shouldn't be surprised, though. It is pizza after all. She still eats pizza upside down like this.



Easter Sunday.I made this dress from a dress shirt of the husband's. He bought it and washed it before wearing it. But the washer still had bleach in it from the person who used it before (thank you, shared washing machines!), and spotted the sleeve making it unwearable. I refashioned it to a darling little Sunday dress pretty easily! The rosette is the inside of the collar. The shoulder pieces are the cuffs. Pretty fun.

I doubled up the buttons from the front of the shirt and made 2/3 of them faux for ease of dressing a toddler, of course.



Her first Easter Basket. 
Pretty lame, huh. I used to be creative and doll things up. Now she gets a wicker flower basket with a piece of green fabric tossed in there. My mom (uh, Easter Bunny) made all our baskets so beautiful growing up. I have good ideas; no time.


The star attraction certainly didn't get passed by.

"Elmo!"

All. Day. Long.


Naomi's fascination with Elmo was not forced upon her by her parents or anyone else. It sort of happened by accident. The husband and I usually watch movies when Naomi is asleep, but one afternoon earlier this year we decided to watch the documentary Being Elmo when she was up and playing. Naomi was swept away when the red little monster began to take form on the screen, pointing and making sounds -- obviously expressing her interest. We said his name, and that was the end of it. She can now pick him out ANYWHERE from a tiny sticker on a book, to a miniature tag on a pair of pants. She knows that red furry face.

Having Netflix made "Elmo" watching very easy. When she saw the puppet on the image of the Being Elmo movie in our queue, I got the idea to add Sesame Street to the queue as well. She asks for "Elmo" every. day. Now, however, she will ask for Abby, Murray, Zoe and occasionally Di-di-Co-Co (Cookie Monster) too.

She wouldn't watch anything else. Ever.

Until two weeks ago when a friend had Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on when she was babysitting Naomi for a few hours. Now she asks for "Mouse" too. Hot dog. Hot dog. Hot diggity dog.

No comments: