We're moving. Next week.
The husband and I have accepted a position of resident apartment managers in northern Los Angeles near Universal Studios/Burbank area. With our current situation of both of us working sortof freelance-type positions (more on the husband's gigs later), this will enable yours truly to work from home the majority of the time.
Believe me, this is cause for rejoicing.
Since I got laid off in the end of March, I've interviewed for several positions that seemed like they were ideal, and I was a shoe-in. This new opportunity is more ideal.
See... I told you good things can happen from seemingly bad situations.
Now I just need to survive the next seven days. I have a house to pack, an adorable toddler to keep happy, sitters to arrange while I wrap things up in the office I'm working at (contract freelance gig), a unit to lease in the complex (already), car damage to repair (that's its own story), painters and cleaners and flooring guys to coordinate for our new living space, food to cook, three clients with time-sensitive projects to complete, normal house cleaning (I do have a toddler and food to cook), a car rental to handle (since we don't have two cars yet and the husband needs the car for his production gig), and uh... I think I'll be able to squeeze in eating and sleeping somewhere.
A portion of a quote from Thomas S. Monson on friend's FB status is my motivation for this week: "Life is hard by the yard, but a cinch by the inch..."
I'm just handling things hour by hour.
Speaking of an adorable toddler, here are a few recent photos.

5 comments:
Yay! What a huge blessing! I am so happy for you guys. Your little girl is so adorable!!
Congratulations Anna and Steve that is great news!!! I hope everything is going good, and let me know if you need anything!!!
Yay! So happy, can't wait to hear more about it. Please tell me you are planning on locking that girl up before she hits dating age. She is SO CUTE!!!
Yay! Congrats! And yes, she is a super cutie :)
I am so happy for you- I just love it when good things happen to good people. And Naomi is just adorable! Love the pics.
Post a Comment