Started working out with a personal trainer in exchange for building her website.
Became a full-time working mom, and learned to be really okay with it.
Naomi's first two teeth appeared. Those two gorgeous little nugget pearls remained the only ones on the bottom all year, but she now (Jan. 2012) almost has five up top.
Got promoted to National Corporate Marketing Manager at work.
Naomi took her first airplane ride to Utah for the 4th of July. We thoroughly enjoyed being with my parents and sister's family, and getting to see my youngest brother too.
We all survived an entire year of the husband's unemployment following graduation from UCLA. It came to a close with him being offered a position at Summit Entertainment.
Made it to 10 months of pumping breast milk for Naomi. If you've never pumped full time or had a wife/significant other who lactated via a suckee machine, trust me, it was a feat.
Moved to a new apartment in west L.A. An upgrade!
Lost 55 pounds since October 2010.
Naomi turned 1!
Sidestepped the first round of layoffs/furloughs from my company.
We stayed positive and upbeat, and the husband acted with grace and professionalism through his layoff.
On Christmas Eve, Naomi officially became a walker. Confident and tenacious, although pretty wobbly.
I am highly optimistic about 2012. I foresee good things happening for our family, including more change. I am always good with change because to me change means progress. Even if it seems like a step backward, or even if it means we need to change our entire course of direction. I know that God is mindful of us and knows what's best for us (that, by the way, is not a copout; I sincerely believe that), loved family members and friends (both alive and as spirits) are working on our behalf, and life is all about the journey and the culmination of our experiences.
So I say, bring it on!
Here's to 2012. The year of progress and good things.

No comments:
Post a Comment