10/11/10

What I've Been Up To While Waiting - Somewhat Impatiently.





Well, 10/10/10 came and went without a baby. And I must say I am disappointed she won't have such a cool birthday, although she did have a cool due date. Apparently she doesn't have a calendar in there.

Meanwhile, during my uncomfortable sleepless nights and days trying to keep my mind off of the fact that my due date has come and gone (and despite weak, swollen and often numb hands!), I have managed to accomplish something.

I did these in the middle of the night a few nights ago. I woke up at 2:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep so I thought I'd make use of the time instead of laying there completely annoyed.


I used pieces of flannel I had on hand to make the dual-sided receiving blankets. 

It's kinda hard to see, but I LOVE using the fun stitches on my sewing machine!
I'm going a little crazy about it. :)


A friend's babies both had bad reflux, and she needed something more than the traditional dual-sided flannel burp cloths. They didn't do a thing absorbing the frequent spit-up from her babies! She ended up just using kitchen towels. Following her cue, I found a package of 6 plain white bar towels at Ross for $4.99 and used some fabric pieces and scraps I had on hand from other projects I've made to help "cute" them up. (I'm like my mother and don't throw away any decent-size scraps. They come in handy! My sisters and I made many Barbie clothes with those scraps when we were growing up!)

The husband offered his help and chose which fabrics should go with which -- even selecting the ribbons and accent pieces too.
If you know me, you know why this one is my favorite.

So here's my five insomnia-sewn burp cloths. (The other towels from the package went for baby shower gifts.) 

So I suppose that this time waiting... and waiting... and waiting... isn't going to waste. :) I'm also grateful for streaming Netflix on our Wii. I've watched dozens of movies and endless episodes of Law & Order: SVU as I sewed these. I also just went to JoAnns and spent a bit much on more fabric and some 99-cent patterns (woohoo!) for little girl outfits.

Can you tell I'm starting to REALLY enjoy sewing? I'm hooked. And hopefully getting better at it...

1 comment:

Ang said...

I was hoping this was a baby post....but I know that will come soon! I totally know that feeling.....just wondering and waiting and wondering and waiting some more. Good work! I love the burp cloths especially.....those will be wonderful! Any day now........ :)