9/14/10

These are a few of my favorite things!

Someday, when I've passed into the other realm, having graduated past death, I hope to look back at life here on this planet fondly. And when I do, I am sure I will include these on my list of favorite things:

  • Massages
  • ICEEs, Slurpees, Slushies, Smoothies and/or popsicles on hot summer day
  • Filet Minon wrapped in bacon cooked medium rare, with a side of herb-roasted potatoes (heavily doused in olive oil, of course)
  • The feeling of pure comfort wrapped in the arms of my sweetie as he gently caresses my back or face, or plays with my hair
  • Cold cereal
  • Waterslides
  • The first complete covering snowfall of the winter season
  • The smell of my mom's fresh-baked bread and soup in the evening of a brisk autumn day
  • Freshly cut grass -- both the look and the smell
  • Vacuum patterns in the carpet
  • Super-soft, perfectly weighted blankets
  • The sound of a 2- to 4-year-old little girl's voice
  • Small children's full, heartfelt giggles
  • Roller coasters -- the scarier the better!
  • The rush of a first kiss
  • A warm, early summer sun warming the top of my hair
  • Pizza
  • Watching well-made movies in the theater, complete with the popcorn smell
  • Holding hands
  • Driving a super-nice, powerful car
  • A new haircut and a good styling
  • A makeover
  • Packages and letters in the mail
  • Floating in the warm, salty water of Hawaiian beaches
  • Men smelling of good cologne -- good enough to turn your head
  • Tree-ripened peaches
  • The feeling of a baby moving inside my belly for the first or 100th time
I didn't have any specific reason for this post today. I was just thinking about the things that I love and I'm grateful for and thought I'd share it! 

No comments: