8/9/10

Some un-favorite things

At 7 months, I can happily report I have had a totally textbook pregnancy. Everything I'm experiencing is "normal." This is very good. However, some of those "normal" side-effect of pregnancy aren't so pleasant or comfortable. Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. But I think I need to balance out my other two posts about my favorite pregnant things. (see Favorites Post 1 and Favorites Post 2.)

  • Swollen hands; puffy feet. (I do everything I'm supposed to --low salt, lots of water, walking daily-- but I guess it's just one of those things...)
  • Because of the above, I have two pair of sandals that fit that are nice enough for work. I think I'll be so sick of them by the end of next month I'm sure I'll throw them out.
  • Incessant inferno-level body temperatures. (I'm usually the one who needs the space heater.)
  • A bladder the size of a pea (pun intended), and an adorable sweetheart baby who likes to tap dance on it all day and night.
  • Aching hips.
  • Flipping from side to side all night long like a slow-cooked grilled cheese sandwich because it hurts to be in the same position for too long.
  • The 17-pillow fort built to get comfortable enough to fall asleep. (Hubs doesn't like this one either.)
  • There's no comfortable position for a seatbelt.
  • My cute bras don't fit anymore.
  • The uncanny ability to burst into tears 1.5 seconds after a laughing fit.
  • The worry that creeps up every now and then that something's going to be wrong. (Be gone, Satan! Do NOT destroy my happy pregnant time with silly, unfounded stresses.
  • That constant feeling that food's in my throat. Little to no heartburn, just a little growing cupcake who likes to push the cupcakes, donuts, steak, cereal, sushi (ha, ha, yeah right), fruit smoothies and ice water up and up. Fortunately, not out. 
OK, I'll stop whining now. I really am a happy preggo. We take the bad with the good in everything, don't we!

1 comment:

Sarah Cluff said...

I have 2 pairs of flip flops in my closet--one pair for each of my children. With both my pregnancies I bought a pair of comfortable flip0flops around the end of my second tri-mester and pretty much didn't wear anything else. As sick as I was of those shoes I couldn't bear to throw them away after each of my pregnancies were over....