But here I am in the film entertainment capital of the world, continually learning "The Industry" nuances, quirks, and cutthroat business ethics. OK, so I'm only experiencing it second hand, but it counts, right?When I was in high school, a young man took me to see Mission Impossible on my birthday. It was a few days after the film had been released to general theaters, and I remember making a mental note that it was the first time I've ever been to a movie on opening weekend.
Now, if we don't see a movie the night it opens, opening weekend or even before (when possible), we don't see it in the theater at all. Now we require reserved seating, digital projection, and leather memory foam seats we'll find a showing that does offer those essential amenities. Well, we're almost that snobby.
While my critical eye is being honed with each book I read or each morsel of Industry knowledge the husband throws my way, I just love movies. Period. I love them for what they're worth, and what they can do to a human soul. The combination of a brilliant score, exceptional acting and out-of-this-world special effects, and a solid storyline/screenplay makes one of the most powerful tools of influence in the world today.
So, in my wish-I-were-ever-humble opinion, I will drop my two cents on each flick I take in. I've created a "Category List" on the right panel and a search function for your convenience.
No comments:
Post a Comment