7/20/11

Finally.

I have been looking forward to this post for about three years. But it's here: an announcement of where the husband will begin his career in entertainment.

I have avoided speaking about it and the whole process because 1) he's extremely private, 2) it sorta depressed me talking about it, and 3) I'm a little superstitious. Seriously. From the time I was about 12 years I wouldn't write anything in my journal that was "going to happen," because I thought if I wrote about it, it wouldn't. In fact, I have pangs of worry that I'll jinx something just writing about it here.

But I am so happy I had to share.

The husband has accepted and signed the paperwork to begin working at Summit Entertainment on Monday.


Sound familiar? You may recognize this logo at the beginning of the following movies:
Twilight
New Moon
Eclipse

The Beaver (2011)
Red (2010)
Letters to Juliet (2010)
Furry Vengeance (2010)
Remember Me (2010)
Knowing (2009)
Push (2009)
Penelope (2006)
Step Up (2006) (the entire Step Up series 2, 3D, and 4)
The Brothers Grimm (2005)
Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)
Evita (1996)
Twelfth Night (1996)


And then these movies are coming out soon:


He will be working in business and legal, and if you know my husband, you'll know what a great fit this is for him. He will be assisting two attorneys -- two very classy and very different women. The HR woman he's been working with calls them, "The Ladies." She has said, "Oh, the Ladies will be very happy you accepted," and "The Ladies have been under a deadline," etc. Steve has absolutely no problem with that. It's right down his alley.

And what does "business & legal" have to do with "producing"? Most people don't know what producers do, and to their credit, the title "producer" can have dozens of meanings. It is the only title in the industry that is negotiable, the husband says. Well, there are many roads to the role of a producer. This is one of them.

LA is a lot like high school with cliques, inner circles and reliance on the brand on your bum. So with the Summit brand on his bum and more solid individuals in his network, he will be able to carve out a path to an studio executive role or someday make the jump into create producing.

I'll talk more about this later.

It's been a rough year. The roughest in both our lives. The challenges are just shifting to something else, but regardless, its a huge weight off just knowing where we can move and knowing our journey has finally started!

...to be continued.


Oh and to preempt your questions:

  • No, it's not likely he'll meet Robert Pattinson. But he'll know how much he'll get paid and whether he has demanded an unending supply of red M&Ms in his trailer.
  • It's not likely he'll get invited to any premieres (yet), but I have a feeling he'll be coming home with some Twilight schwag.
  • No, the husband does not like Twilight. But he might just become one real quick.

3 comments:

The Youngs said...

I said on Facebook how excited I was for you guys, but just wanted to say again I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! So what's the plan with you missy? Are you still planning on working? Is that a little personal, I hope not :) Also, since you guys are not Twilight fans, I would be willing to take all that free swag off of your hands for you, because I am just that nice :) Miss you guys!

Laurel said...

We are thrilled for you guys! What a blessing! We need to go on another walk soon so I can get all the details about you and what your plan is now.

Tiffany said...

Can you, Laurel, Justine, and I please be having this convo in person??? I wish....
again, so dang excited for you guys! Yay for Steve!
And when you get tickets to the last Twilight premiere, I will fly out to LA and go with you, just cause I'm super nice like that. :)