Little Puka (of all the nicknames we have for her, that one seems to have stuck; Dad calls her just "Puk" or "Pook," but I think both of them are too close to poop and puke, neither of which I prefer associating the beautiful little person with.) Anyway... Little Puka is very mobile! She has moved on from the mermaid crawl/scoot to a very effective semi-army crawl and gets up on her hands and needs and rocks back and forth (accompanied with enthusiastic rhythmic grunts that... um... sounds... um... funny) several times a day. She is getting faster and faster at every day.
One day she crawled from the living room to the back room while Dad was in the back room working. He heard her behind him and as soon as she realized she'd "found him" she squealed in delight! We now play "follow me" and go from room to room and wait for her to poke her head around the corner. She giggles heartily when we make face contact. It's hilarious!
 |
| I adore that upset face. So cute. She really wanted to go to sleep... |
 |
| Yeah, Momma was working really hard to get her to smile before her nap since this outfit was so cute. |
She eats. A lot. I think she would rival my friend's almost-2-year-old with how much Naomi can down in a day. She really wants real people food, and I have to stop myself thinking of all the horrible warnings of allergies and infants' delicate and sensitive digestive systems before I hand her a piece of well-seasoned salmon, or a bite of my birthday cake and ice cream. (I am 32 now as of Friday.)
 |
| And yes, Naomi loves pickles. We thought she'd sour and turn it away, but she asked for more when we pulled it out! |
Puka loves books and anything paper. Her dad will find her in the books two or three times a day. I say just move the books and put
her books on that bottom shelf, but he's determined to teach her to stay out of the books altogether. And she just learned to take her binki out to put paper
in. Why she's obsessed with eating paper, I have no idea.
 |
| Caught red handed. |
 |
| And this is how she feels about courtship and marriage. |
And I would be remiss to not mention how this girl never. ever. stops. She wiggles and swings her arms and feet for hours. I suppose that's why she's eating so much... she burns so many calories just laying there.
 |
| This was taken on Mother's Day on the way home from church. Her feet look distorted because she never, ever stops moving her feet and legs. |
As you can see, she doesn't have much hair still, although we can pull about a finger-width and a half of translucent, semi-curly hair in the back behind her ear. Dad thinks it's silly that I put a hair pretty or headband on her head just to go to the mailbox. I don't like when people think she's a boy. It's not my fault Dad insists on dressing her in jeans every day. Granted, her shirts are purple, pink and ruffly, every time,
without fail, someone will say how cute my "little boy" is. Sigh.
 |
The quintessential bath photo. (Again, blurry arms because she doesn't stop moving.)
She gets one of these baths every day because Dad wants her to. She sings in the bathtub like Mom and Dad too. |
 |
| Naomi's adorable feet poking out of those cute jeans she wears about every day. |
4 comments:
Eight months already? She is certainly a cutie.
She is so darling!
Oh my goodness! She's so cute!! Hazel was totally bald too - and I did the same thing, headbands and pink like crazy. The hair will come...someday :)
She is such a cutie, and don't worry, it happens to us too, Cal will be dressed in blue and people will still say "oh, she is so pretty, how old is she?" "Um, HE is a very pretty boy isn't he." Sigh. I think she's beautiful.
Post a Comment