1. What did you do in 2010 that you had never done before?
Got pregnant. Gave birth.
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and do you intend to make any for 2011?
Almost all of them. No real goals for 2011 yet. Still thinking.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Can't get any closer than um... me.
However, I had 11 friends who go to church with me also give birth in 2010!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Sweet Grandma Florence Turpin. Miss her.
5. What countries did you visit?
No traveling this year. Unless you count the 1,000+ trips to the bathroom.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn't have in 2010?
A fantastic job for the husband!
7. What dates will be etched into your memory from 2010 and why?
October 14, 2010. Naomi's birthday.
8. What is your biggest achievement of the year?
Giving birth. (Sensing a theme here? It was a big deal for me, you know.)
Giving birth. (Sensing a theme here? It was a big deal for me, you know.)
9. What is your biggest failure?
Getting down on myself too frequently. And gaining too much weight.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Still not healed from the October ordeal.
11. What is the best thing you bought?
Baby Jogger Summit XC stroller, Diaper Dude Diaper Bag, Diaper Genie Elite, Breast Pump, Hands-free breast pump holder.
12. Whose behavior or accomplishments merited celebration?
Naomi's. She's on the top of the charts with her growth and development. Also Steve's. He's been a superman dad and husband.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled or depressed?
A few family members' behavior. It's not going to be discussed in this forum, but trust me. It's a story...
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food. Baby stuff. Insurance and hospital care.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Cafe Rio coming to LA. Lots of dainty purple little dresses. Seeing my family in Utah in April. Family coming to LA for Naomi's blessing. Spending Christmas with my favorite real-live baby doll and adoring husband.
16. What songs will remind you of 2010 and why?
Honestly, I haven't listened to much music other than my traditional favorites. (I'm an NPR junkie so I listen to the news in the car.)
However, I did a little musical called Side by Side by Sondheim in February, and several songs (like "Not Getting Married Today" and "Everybody Says Don't") from that musical will remind me of that experience, which was at the beginning of 2010.
Honestly, I haven't listened to much music other than my traditional favorites. (I'm an NPR junkie so I listen to the news in the car.)
However, I did a little musical called Side by Side by Sondheim in February, and several songs (like "Not Getting Married Today" and "Everybody Says Don't") from that musical will remind me of that experience, which was at the beginning of 2010.
17. Compared to last year...
a. happier or sadder? Both.
b. thinner or fatter? 30 lbs fatter. :(
c. richer or poorer? Same.
a. happier or sadder? Both.
b. thinner or fatter? 30 lbs fatter. :(
c. richer or poorer? Same.
18. What do you wish you had done more of?
Sewing. I need to finish some projects...
19. What do you wish you had done less of?
Eating. Well... sortof. I enjoyed it while I was doing it, but not enjoying the doctor-insisted mandate not to burn it off! (No exercising...)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Just our little family in Los Angeles. We bought 2-3 gifts for each other and Naomi, and enjoyed keeping the secrets from each other. Then we ate dinner at a friend's home the evening of Christmas day.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Absolutely. Have you seen her?!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Lie To Me. Raising Hope.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate at this time last year?
Hate is too much. Disgusted, infuriated and have little patience for three people.
24. What is the best book you read?
I enjoyed The Uglies series and The Hunger Games series.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't have an answer to this one. Music is constantly expanding with me, but I've left the majority of pop music out of my existence for now.
26. What did you want and get?
A little gorgeous girl. (Can you tell she's absorbed my life?)
27. What did you want and not get?
A new place to live. Employment for Steve. A smooth delivery.
28. What was your favorite film this year?
Hands down: Inception.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Turned 31. Bought a new pair of running shoes. Ate Thai food.
Turned 31. Bought a new pair of running shoes. Ate Thai food.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finishing a hand-sewn quilt I've been working on for years. Painting and reorganizing a new place to live. (I LOVE organizing and reorganizing things. Buying shelves and organizers for functional use...)
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?
Bigger and bigger and bigger. Trying to stay cool and cute in maternity clothing. Thank HEAVEN there are cute maternity clothes. And I wish it was okay to wear soft, elastic-topped maternity pants all the time. LOVE maternity clothing.
32. What kept you sane?
Steve. Sewing. Reading. Streaming Netflix on the television. A new 46" TV.
Steve. Sewing. Reading. Streaming Netflix on the television. A new 46" TV.
33. What celebrity did you fancy the most?
I'm not into celebrities, but Christina Aguilera amazes me.
I'm not into celebrities, but Christina Aguilera amazes me.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Health care.
Health care.
35. Who do you miss?
My sisters. My neices and nephews. My mom & dad. My grandma. Sweet friends from Hale Centre Theatre.
36. Who was the best person you met?
My friend's sister's family, the McClellans. And a wonderful delivery nurse who I'll never see again.
37. Valuable life lesson learned in 2010?
It's not necessarily new, but the principle of trusting your gut feelings was reaffirmed... again.
And you know who your real friends are when you're in your darkest hour.
And you know who your real friends are when you're in your darkest hour.
38. What is something that really made you laugh this year?
Episodes of Raising Hope. Hil-arious!
39. What is something that really made you cry this year?
See earlier posts of "The Compassionate Prison."
See earlier posts of "The Compassionate Prison."
40. What do you anticipate will be the biggest change in your life in 2011?
Employment for Steve. A new place to live.
WHERE WILL THEY BE???
WHERE WILL THEY BE???
2 comments:
Speaking of your little angel, I loved to see more pictures. ;) Hope that your 2011 is everything you hoped for and more. Love you and miss you!
It was fun to read about your year. It will be even more fun to see how your 2011 unfolds. Keep us all posted.
Post a Comment