But before I start, I must mention that I'm not going to mention a fraction of the famous and notable people the hubs meets on a weekly/daily basis. He barely bothers to tell me anymore since he has absolutely no "star-struck-ness" left in his body. He'll randomly mention, "So I was talking with the VP of marketing for Fox..." or "my teacher, who's a creative development exec at New Line Cinema..." It's all so run-of-the-mill these days.
- The friend mentioned that there's always 7 steps to Kevin Bacon, and if you're LDS, there's 7 steps to the Osmonds. How do you count the steps? If I know Merrill Osmond himself personally does that make me zero steps to the Osmonds? Or am I two steps away from Donny because I was in a play with Merrill? You tell me.
- I'm actually 3 steps away (depending on how you're counting) from Kevin Bacon since I was in a film with a guy who was an extra in a film that Kevin Bacon did back in the '90s.
- Senator Orrin Hatch's son was my bishop (local church leader) in my ward in Salt Lake City. Met Senator Hatch on a few occasions when he'd visit.
- My husband is a teacher's assistant to an exec at Morgan Freeman's production company.
- The hubs said hello to Jerry Bruckheimer when he was in his office for an interview.
- I kissed Thomas S. Monson, president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, on the cheek when I was 9 years old. He came to speak at my aunt's church and I asked to meet him afterward.
- The hubs and I were church leaders in a branch at an Assisted Living Home in Salt Lake City, and several notable LDS VIPs were living there in their later years, one of them Elder Marvin J. Ashton's sweet wife.
- My former manager was mission companions with Aaron Eckhart
- Saw Larry King and his wife shopping at The Grove (mall) in Beverly Hills. Larry King looks like death walking without any TV makeup. And he has a severe underbite.
- The hubs met Gene Simmons when he came to speak to one of his classes. Apparently Gene is an extremely sharp businessman, and quite a motivational speaker. At least BMW Boy was motivated.
- The producer of the LDS film Charly, Lance Williams, is a good friend of mine.
- Marie Osmond went to church at my same Church building when she was married to her first husband. Her ex-in-laws still live here.
I know there's more so I'll have to continue this post later.
2 comments:
Love it! I just realized I should've mentioned your backup singing with the Kinks! And thank you so much for reading my little blog.
I have one very embarrassing, very funny brush with fame. But you already know about that....
fun post!
Post a Comment