2/22/10

Weird and so sad!

Do you know how weird it is to have served an LDS mission with a guy who is now wanted for murder? I served with Gabriel Morris in Australia 9 years ago.

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2010/02/22/news/doc4b7f90da308e2865038816.txt

http://www.bandonwesternworld.com/articles/2010/02/22/news/doc4b7d695971931804401407.txt

http://www.kcby.com/news/84190282.html
(this one has an associated video clip. look for the link at the top of the article)

I'm praying for his wife and daughter's safety, and that the truth will come to light. But this is all so bizarre.


_______________________

UPDATE:

http://www.kcby.com/news/local/84976577.html
Apparently, he and his wife had driven to Virginia and found a home with several residents/boarders on the Internet. One of the other residents became suspicious of Morris after seeing a segment on America's Most Wanted. He then searched Morris' name on the Internet and found that he was wanted on 2 counts of murder in Oregon. The other resident called police and though Morris was armed, he was taken into custody without incident.

Whew!

Look at what this Internet thing is doing! Our "hidden acts" are being broadcast from the rooftops!

1 comment:

Orme Family said...

Hey, I loved looking at the family pictures of you guys. Cute hair. I am teaching one of my voice students "Consider the Lillies" and I think of you when we sang it together.
Thanks for your comment and CONGRATULATIONS on being pregnant! You know that you were one of the first to get me thinking about natural child birth. (We were 18!) Thanks for planting that seed. Love ya!