1/8/10

When I have the money...

I had a friend who talked about when she has a lot of money (someday), she will buy Tide laundry detergent because of how good it smells, not the cheap stuff. That got me thinking about the little things that don't really matter, but would make life a whole lot more pleasant.


LG Blu-Ray Home Theater System: I love Pandora. I really enjoy Netflix. I would really like to love and enjoy Pandora and Netflix away from my computer, and why not throw in watching YouTube flicks on our big screen too?

This seems to be a pretty dang good solution. This is only 5.1 surround sound, not the 7.1 that BMW boy would prefer, but heck, I don't think he's really going to care.



LED HD 55" Flatscreen Television: And that brings us to the next item. We watch a lot of movies. I don't need a big fattie TV till we get the space for a home theater. But I would appreciate an upgrade from our one little 22-incher that we got for about $150 for Valentines day when we were first married. We didn't have a TV and I said all I wanted for the evening in '04 was to sit home with him watching DVDs. I'm an easy date. What can I say?



Unlimited Minutes and Unlimited Texting: This image is "Rollover Minutes Mom for AT&T." While I appreciate rollover minutes, we're still under a 700-minute budget between 2 of us. BMW boy insisted we get iPhones, but AT&T has the most expensive plan out there, and additional $10 per month for 200 texts per person. You know how fast those go in a texting world? So someday, I'm going to have an unlimited plan.




And last, but not least, there's the entryway of my someday-to-be house. The details of the rest of the house change every now and then, but the entryway stays the same. I know exactly what it looks like. Here are some images that come close: (courtesy of shutterstock thumbnails)







3 comments:

Tiffany said...

All you need to add to that spiral staircase is your 16 year old daughter in her Prom dress walking down to meet her date. I always wished I could have done that.

Alexie said...

gorgeous staircase! one day when we have the money we'll actually go on vacations :o)

geri said...

Love it all! When the J-Spry goes big we can watch movies in your home theater and slide down your banister!