1/8/10

Happy 2010!

Are we calling it "two-thousand-ten" or "twenty-ten"? The jury is still out on that one for me...

I have a feeling this year is going to be one of wonderful changes. For one, nearly everyone in my family is moving homes this year. My parents are downsizing and currently preparing to put their house on the market, my oldest sister just moved from Hemet, CA to Atlanta, GA, my other sister in Eagle Mountain is looking to expand and is also preparing to put their home on the market, and my youngest brother also moved into a new apartment somewhere in the Salt Lake Valley. (My bro. in Boise is staying put, however.)

And us? Well... graduation is looming in 5 short months and we live in student housing. I hope we can stay under the radar long enough, or at least find somewhere close enough to stay in the stake until next January. (I'm the stake music co-chair and I'd really like to do the Stake Christmas Program again.)

Regardless, I LOVE house hunting. I love looking at photos, comparing prices and amenities, checking out the neighborhoods, and imagining my stuff and my life in that area. I think about what the ward will be like, and what new friends I'll make. It's an adventure to me!

I suppose it stems from my early years when my mother spent so much time thinking about moving. We looked at model homes for fun, toured the Parade of Homes, and compared floorplans. I remember sketching my own floorplans during recess in elementary school!

Moving or not, this year is bound to have all kinds of adventures. The husband is already ridiculously busy in school and it's only the first week. He's T.A.-ing for three classes this quarter, things are moving forward on his movie short for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and he's getting GREAT feedback on his thesis. That movie is going to be so cool.

2 comments:

Cameron and Nonie said...

Hope you have great year! Oh, and that you can find that "one" house that's just right. It's so much fun. Are you coming to Bro. Mac's retirement fling? I'd love to get to see you again.

Tiffany said...

Please cross out the word "stake" and replace with "ward" or "neighborhood" and then I feel good about this post. Who will drag me out of bed too early to go running if you move far away??