It may seem a little strange that I'm in such a delightful mood considering my circumstances, but I don't care. I'm going to be happy and optimistic anyway!You see, I don't know what the odds are of getting laid off from the same job twice in one year, but I've managed it. In February, the ad agency I was working for let my entire department go, but brought me (only) back on shortly after. That wet, dreary February day seemed to reflect exactly the dark weepy-ness I felt.
Through the last five months I've felt terribly insecure every day. Perhaps it was because of the abrupt nature they let me go the first time, or perhaps it was a "gut sense" that told me that working there was very temporary. So when I got wind that the company was in a worse position than it was in February, I dusted off my resume and quietly sent it out.
This resume, by the way has been polished, buffed and shined three times this past year. (Once when we moved here this time last year, and the two times mentioned above.) And if I don't say so myself, I've gotten pretty good at this "application" thing. :)
So last Wednesday when the boss pulled me into the conference room, I knew exactly what was happening, and I was calm, collected and even happy. I left that day, looked up into the bright, open blue sky above me and thanked heaven for the final release. I feel empowered.
In the previous three working days, I've had 5 in-person interviews at companies I'm interested in, doing things I'm interested in doing, and all in close proximity to our home in West LA. I feel blessed. Something is bound to work out in our favor.
So rejoicing... I am! Who cares that these positions have received 300-400 applicants and the unemployment is at 10%+ in the state? There's a place out there for me, and they're excited to have me! Let's just find each other now and get to offering me that brilliant job...
2 comments:
Good luck darling. I know they'll be more than happy to have you. :)
You will find something fantastic, I'm sure. So glad to find your blog!
Post a Comment