5/19/09

Moving in to a new world... blogging

Steve, my husband of five and a half years, is fiercely protective of his privacy, and has insisted I do not create any family web site, blog or anything that would publicize his face, family or persona.

Me? I borderline overshare.

The other day we were in Best Buy looking for another digital camera for me. As I tested the cameras, I took a picture of him looking at other cameras. You could barely see his face bowed over the electronics. However, when he saw the image he asked, "Why did you take a picture of ME? I don't want random people seeing pictures of me!" I rolled my eyes and promptly deleted the photo.

However, I wore him down enough that he joined Facebook last summer, and I have finally worn him down enough to be okay with me setting up a blog for our family.

The reasons I'm finally here?
1- I feel driven to share some of my cool experiences in Los Angeles. It's a peculiar life living here...
2- I enjoy several of my friends' blogs, and would joy in cross-sharing experiences and photos.
3- The end-of-the-year letter tends to be too much around the Christmas season, and I missed the opportunity to share what an incredible year we had in 2007. There are too many miracles to not be shared.

So trusting that we can maintain some semblance of privacy for Steve, as well as fill that need to "share" that I have, I'm setting up a blog. I hope my posts are as sweet and enjoyable as all yours have been.

Here we go! Off to a new world of cyber-sharing...

No comments: